The College of Agriculture, Nagpur, is one of the oldest college in the country established in the year 1906 by British Government. It is one of the first five Agriculture Colleges in the country. The other four colleges were located at Pusa, Kanpur, Coimbatore, Lyallpore (Pakistan). The college is situated in the important citrus belt of the country and was opened to develop agriculture technology, educate, train and generate specialised agricultural experts and to cater the needs of the local farming community and to impart agricultural education to students.
The college was initially under the administrative control of the Department of Agriculture, Maharashtra State and affiliated to the Nagpur University. The main building of the college was earlier known as Victoria Technical Institute building. Later on the affiliation as well as administrative control shifted to Dr. Panjabrao Deshmukh Krishi Vidyapeeth, Akola during the year 1969.